Letter to the Editor Submission Form
This form can be used to submit a Letter to the Editor for publication in the Canby Herald Newspaper.
Letter submission guidelines
- General letters to the editor can be up to 300 words long. Political endorsement letters for measures or candidates are limited to 150 words in length. Letters that exceed the word limits are subject to editing for length. Point of View submissions will no longer be taken unless solicited by the editor.
- For verification, authors must include their full name, street address, daytime telephone, and e-mail address. Only the name and town will be printed. No anonymous letters will be printed. Thank you letters for events are limited to 10 "entities." If you would like to thank a large number of people, businesses or organizations, contact our advertising staff to purchase an ad.
- Submissions deemed libelous, obscene or in bad taste will not be printed. Likewise, submissions airing personal grievances against businesses and individuals will not be accepted.
- To allow a variety of viewpoints, individual writers may be limited at the discretion of the editor during busy letter periods. Only letters written by local residents, or those that have a direct bearing on our community, will be printed.
- You do not have to bring letters into the office. We encourage you to e-mail them.
- All letters are printed at the discretion of the Canby Herald.
Please provide a name and number of the author for verification. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A REQUIRED FIELD AND MUST BE FILLED IN FOR PUBLICATION.
This form can also be printed and mailed to the Canby Herald, P.O. Box 1108, Canby, Oregon 97013. It is the responsibility of the contributor to ensure that all information is correct - spellings, dates, etc. Expect a call from our office to verify this submission.
ï¿½ ï¿½ ï¿½ ï¿½ ï¿½ ï¿½ ï¿½